burner questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinworswick

Reaction score
i'm in the market for a gas burner and i'm not sure what to get,the only ones i can find over here are pictured below, i'm using bottled lpg and boiling about 15g
img4855.jpg

id1192.jpg

gascirbt_ring_burner_triple.jpg

are some noisier than others?
are any more adjustable?
i'm thinking of getting the duckbill one as its on special at the moment
any thoughts or experiences?
cheers
martin

Go to your local flea market. They will have banjo burners there that are great for brewing beer with a nice stand for between $40 -$50. This is what the Mexicans use to make their beef, chicken, and everything else. They also use them to steam tamales. Great deal. I bought 1 three years ago and it is still going strong. I have done 10 gallon batches in a keggle and they boiled just fine.

which one of those is closest to a banjo burner though? i've looked through threads about burners and without pictures i don't know what they are as they're not that popular down here,the pictures i've put up are the only reasonably priced ones i can find in new zealand,and due to freight costs these are also my only options.:drunk:

The three ring burner is the closest match to the banjo burner, the other burners will end up being more pain than worth as they run well wide open only, when turned down the flame goes dirty from lack of induced air. Have you searched for bayou classic products in NZ to see if someone is importing them?.

i've done a wee bit of searching and can't find any importers over here but i placed a couple of items in my amazon cart and theres not a great deal of difference in price with shipping,which surprised me a bit. anyway,these are the items-
Bayou Classic BG14 Banjo Burner 10 in. x 10 in.
413062DPW6L._SS500_.jpg

Bayou Classic BG10 High Pressure Cast-Iron Replacement Burner
41N4D0ZVBXL._SS500_.jpg

i searched lpg bayou but how can i tell for sure if these will run on lpg?

Both will work on LPG, high or low pressure, but my vote is for the BG-14 as it delivers better performance at low gas inlet pressure like the pressure used with LPG appliances. The low pressure configuration is achieved by drilling or replacing gas jet fitting on the burner with one that has a larger opening.

Latest posts

Back