Burner mount

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewHogDeluxe

Reaction score
Can someone post some pictures of how they fabricated their burner mounts. I''m looking at using Hurricane products low pressure burner like the one attached and I was just wanting some ideas.

63-5165_burner.jpg

I covered my strut frame with ~1/16" thick perforated SS (1/4" holes with ~70-80% open area). I used the same materials to make the burner mount.
A couple of pictures below, and here are the steps I took:
1. I cut a strip that was about 8-10" wide and 36" long.
2. I rolled the sheet up so that it was a decent fit for the burner, by bolting it to the sheet rolling to the next connection point bolting and so on.
3. I secured the roll with a few stainless bolts (1/4-20x1/2"), removed the burner, marked a line ~3-4" from one end (burner height), cut out a slot for the tail of the burner, and then reattached it to the tube.
4. I attached the tube and burner to the rails of my strut using 1/4" T-nuts through the tube.

burner mount side.JPG

nurer mount top.JPG

I made mine in a similar fashion as hunterlab's. However, I did notice recently that Home Depot sells perforated mild steal in 3 foot pieces (like 1"x 1/8"). You could cut it and have the same result as hunterlab's. It is sold in the screw/hardware section right next to all the pieces of threaded steel.

Bsomogyi sorry i never saw your question, but yes i bought mine from home-depot and cut all the same length.

Back