Bummer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JollyMon

Reaction score
My awesome wife asked me to get her some paper towels this morning. No problem, she was making me a nice hot breakfast. So I went down to the basement where they are kept. As soon as I hit the bottom of the stairs I smelled this wonderful beer aroma. The kind of smell I get in my basement when I have a batch of goodness fermenting away. The only problem is that I don't have anything fermenting right now.

Upon investigating I found that a book I had resting against the wall on the back of my kegerator had slipped forward and open up my tap handle. 3/4 of a keg plus a practically new 5# CO2 tank both emptied. That lovely beer aroma is coming from my carpet.

What a crappy way to start my weekend. :(

Sounds like you need more paper towels!

Seriously though, that sucks. I guess you'll have to brew this weekend to make up for the spilled keg :) This keg was for all the homies!

I just ordered two kits from Midwest a few days ago. I don't think they have even shipped yet.

The silver lining...at least I only had one keg in there.

Pics of what? By the time I found it there was nothing more than smell left. Does HBT have a scratch n sniff option?

New reality series = "When Books Attack"

And they hit you where it hurts most - in your beer!

Making the best of this. Defrosted the freezer panel of the kegeradio and modified the wheels so it will roll on the carpet better.

Latest posts

Back