Building Projects that are Easily Removable from a Rental House

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WileECoyote

Reaction score
Here are some Pics of projects I have done that are easily and quickly removable, so when we move we can take them with us and return the house back to the way it was.

Id love to see others post Projects that they have done that can be removed and taken when they move.

Cheers :mug:

The First 2 pics are of our Insulated Brew Room Door and the others are of the inside of The Brew Room !
It is temp controlled anywhere from 64 deg up to 85+ deg I have it set at 70 deg for age conditioning my beers in bulk, the wall, A/C unit, and door can be removed and the sliding glass door popped back in, in about 2 hours, the cabinets and shelving unit is held to the wall with a few screws, its all easily removed, we even have mood lighting behind the top row of bottles (via strings of xmass tree lights)

Hope You Enjoy the Pics !

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

Our patio, we wanted to spruce it up a bit so I made bars that I inlaid Costa Rican Money into the top before they were varnished, slid them in-between the poles and attached to poles with deck screws, and covered the front side of bars with palm leaves, added some cheap roll up shades for more privacy, creating a nice palapa bar for us to enjoy our home brew in, since its so hot here in the summer I added some drip irrigation pipe to the rafters and inserted 4 drip fern watering pop in heads, when we turn on the fern sprinklers its like being in a light rain, super nice when its 110+ out, we also added a string of tiki lights for evening. it can all be removed in about 1 hour .

I can't wait to see what others have done !

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

I think those are great projects. Planning my porch, hope to have it finished in the next few weeks. Unfortunately the SWMBO already has furnishing picked out. If I get a lawn chair I can relax in with a home-brew I'll be lucky.

I think those are great projects. Planning my porch, hope to have it finished in the next few weeks. Unfortunately the SWMBO already has furnishing picked out. If I get a lawn chair I can relax in with a home-brew I'll be lucky.

Thanks HefeHood,

I can't wait to see some pics, I hope you will post them when its done.

Fingers are crossed for you getting a lawn chair.

Mr. Coyote,

You have certainly made my wheels turn, though maybe a bit too fast at the moment, but I am considering how to create your wall effect in a window.

I really like the idea for a couple of reasons. 1) Being the security it gives despite having a window unit hanging out there, and 2) that a great amount of insulation can be given.

I've been considering what I'd want to use and how I'd want to pretty it up a bit, as well as just how much insulation I'd need/want.

I'm also thinking that I'll still want a fermentation chamber as well, especially since it will allow me to go camping over a weekend without concern or having to time things. Although I haven't given up on my swamp cooler idea just yet.

I'm curious as to how much longer conditioning time may be if keeping beer at 68-70*.

I've also wondered about the amount of time necessary for keeping fermentation temps in the mid 60's. I usually keep my beer between 64-66* for 3 weeks and then allow them to warm up, and then pull them out to dry a couple of days before I intend on bottling. But I've read a few accounts of people holding a mid 60's temp for maybe a week and allowing ~2-3* warm ups over a couple of days until room temp is reached.

That begs the question of brewing in the beginning of the week so that, if things are ideal, a weekend camping trip could be pursued if the room is kept at 68-70* so that the main stage of fermentation has been kept cool enough to retard any off flavors. So what of day 5 or 6 and thereafter?

My wheels are smoking!!!!

Mr. Coyote,

You have certainly made my wheels turn, though maybe a bit too fast at the moment, but I am considering how to create your wall effect in a window.

I really like the idea for a couple of reasons. 1) Being the security it gives despite having a window unit hanging out there, and 2) that a great amount of insulation can be given.

I've been considering what I'd want to use and how I'd want to pretty it up a bit, as well as just how much insulation I'd need/want.

I'm also thinking that I'll still want a fermentation chamber as well, especially since it will allow me to go camping over a weekend without concern or having to time things. Although I haven't given up on my swamp cooler idea just yet.

I'm curious as to how much longer conditioning time may be if keeping beer at 68-70*.

I've also wondered about the amount of time necessary for keeping fermentation temps in the mid 60's. I usually keep my beer between 64-66* for 3 weeks and then allow them to warm up, and then pull them out to dry a couple of days before I intend on bottling. But I've read a few accounts of people holding a mid 60's temp for maybe a week and allowing ~2-3* warm ups over a couple of days until room temp is reached.

That begs the question of brewing in the beginning of the week so that, if things are ideal, a weekend camping trip could be pursued if the room is kept at 68-70* so that the main stage of fermentation has been kept cool enough to retard any off flavors. So what of day 5 or 6 and thereafter?

My wheels are smoking!!!!

Hello,

If you build a frame to set into the window opening just remember to make it around 1/8" to 1/4" smaller than the opening, that way it will slip right in when you try to install it.

I used cheap flooring for the wall/door covering on the out side and just a piece of paneling for the inside covering, and the frame is also made out of the flooring, cheap 2x4s would work great for the frame too.

On my window I just insulated right over the glass so from the outside you can see the insulation, but the window is in a place where we don't look at, and on the inside u can see the insulation paper backing, but that is behind the shelving unit so its hard to see it too.

68 to 70 degrees is a great temp to condition your ale beers at.

As far as temp controlling Primary fermentation at 64 deg, I only do that for the first 3 to 5 days on most beers, then I keep my beers at 70 deg to age/condition and finish out.

So Yes ! with a temp controlled room you could brew early in the week and go camping on the weekends without ever having to be worried about your beers.

Hope this helps !

Dadgum it Wile, I think I spun a bearing or two! Might just have to get started bottling my dark hybrid so I have an excuse to start drinking and allowing my mind to relax a moment!

Now I just have to convince SWMBO that the A/C and building supplies shouldn't count as hobby funded!

Back