Building a dedicated brew room?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dye4me

Reaction score
For the last 4 year i have brewed in a repurposed barn. it works but its not ideal. Its laid poorly because of the beams, the main sink drain is run on the floor, plugs are not where they are needed, floor drains are in the wrong spot, the list goes on. This spring Im building a new house and I was able to offset my garage and extend it an additional 11'6"x 31'6". A similar sized are as I'm using now except the sinks, the plugs (or panel feed), the ventilation and the drains will all be in the right spot. Im thinking about putting a small wood stove in the corner and Im planning to put a 3" pass thru from the garage into the basement so i can use a corner of the basement for long term barrel storage. Im also planning on running extra wire for a small walk in or double fridge at some point

So what am i missing? What would you build into your room if you were starting from scratch? Im only going to do this once, id like to get it right the first time.

Well damn, I just brew outside in my driveway and my stove is a turkey fryer and my sink is a water hose. I need to step it up.

You said plugs, 240v? Throw in a 240v/50amp circuit, why not?

What about a hose bibb near the near the brew pots, or even a pot filler?
414.jpg

I was going to run 2 30a 240v runs because thats the current setup, I got a wonderful commercial 3 bay sink that has multiple taps and hoses for equipment wash down. All the filling of my HWT is thru a R.O. system mounted on the wall.

Back