Bubbles in liquid out line from keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terry101

Reaction score
Checked line for leaks....all good. It's causing a slow pour even at 12 PSI. Bad pop valve? Connector?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I have them constantly in my keg lines, and I have no clue where they come from. I never have any issues with my beers, so I don't know.

Everyone always talks about leaks when this comes up, but a leak would cause beer to come out, not air to go in, unless you had a pinhole leak in the dip tube above the beer level, which the odds of are likely nil. Most of the time this is overcarbonation or lack of balancing your line length with your pressure.

I think this is usually because the line is warmer than the keg and CO2 comes out of solution. Happens to my root beer line (25 psi) way more than my beer lines (12 psi)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Could be a bad dip tube o-ring. Only way to check is to de-gas, remove the out post, remove the dip tube and examine/replace the dip tube o-ring.
If you have slow pours... maybe there is an obstruction in the dip tube. Same dis-assembly process.

I have a very small bubble in my liquid lines. No leaks and they haven't been any kind of problem.

I'd agree that you likely have some sort of dip tube obstruction if you're getting slow pours. You might want to hook co2 up to a liquid disconnect, vent the keg, and attach the co2 to the dip tub. It'll probably clear it.

Back