Bubbles from faucet after move

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inchrisin

Reaction score
I moved my keezer from down in the basement to upstairs and I'm having pressure issues.

I had to wrap my dual regulator in a towel and throw it into the keezer to move it upstairs. The gas hoses are glued into the collar and there was no other way to move the regulator with just two people. Everything stayed hooked up, and the main was turned off but the regulator had to be on its side for an hour.

We had to take the faucets off the keezer to get it through the door and it took a while to move it. After the move I got all the kegs (6) into place and got it down to temp with the external Ranco regulator.

I've measured the temp of the pours at 42F and 40F for the first and second pour. The dual regulator is set to ~8psi and everything should be stabilized. It's been a few weeks now.

The last 3 or so inches of each bev line is a pocket of CO2. This is where it connects to the faucet. When I pour, I hear a gulp of CO2, then foamy beer. I can fill about half a glass and the other half is foam. The beer just doesn't look stabilized when it pours. It just looks foamy.

The stats on the lines:
ID 3/16"
10' long lines

Anyone have any leads for what's going on here?

Right after you pour a beer, are there bubbles or pockets of gas visible in the beer line right away, or do they take a while to form? If they're constant, you likely have a bad seal on the liquid side diptube o-ring. If the bubbles take a while to form, then your serving pressure is likely lower than the pressure that corresponds to the carbonation level in the keg.

Back