BRY-97 not as slow as I thought it would be!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrellQ

Reaction score
First time using BRY-97 which I bought and then read some negative reviews about it's slow start, etc. I was reluctant to try it and just go with old reliable US-05 because I didn't want to mess-up my first all grain brew that actually hit the expected OG. But I thought, what the heck, and pitched it in the 1.060 OG IPA and had vigorous action in less than 24 hours. Sounds like a loud rapid heartbeat even outside the closed mini-fridge.

First time using BRY-97 which I bought and then read some negative reviews about it's slow start, etc. I was reluctant to try it and just go with old reliable US-05 because I didn't want to mess-up my first all grain brew that actually hit the expected OG. But I thought, what the heck, and pitched it in the 1.060 OG IPA and had vigorous action in less than 24 hours. Sounds like a loud rapid heartbeat even outside the closed mini-fridge.
Recently had the same experience. Was ready for this to take a while and had the exact opposite happen!

Really tasty as well.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back