Bru'n Water Snafu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudz

Reaction score
I've been attempting to download and use the USA version of this software, Bru'n Water.

I get 55 pages of stuff but I can't seem to enter any info or get anything to work. It's as though the package is just a picture of 55 pages without any functionality.

I'm assuming I've missed the boat on something obvious which is required to get this package operational?

Are you guys saving this under your Excel.xls files or do you need to load it fresh each time you want to use it?

All suggestions kindly welcome... :)

I think you should first make sure that you have an up-to-date version of Excel (I don't know how well it might work with OpenOffice or others). When you do open the file, the very first thing you must do is click the button at the top to allow the embedded macros to run. If you don't enable the macros, the spreadsheet won't do much.

I have a second copy that I have saved with my start water pre-entered (I always brew with the same brand of spring water), but I still need to enable the macros each time I open the file.

The problem turned out to be a Windows XP issue.

I recieved an XP update which resolved my issues with downloading Bru'n Water. Experienced the same thing on my home system as well and the update also fixed it.

Back