bru'n water beersmith cromebook?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamamckay

Reaction score
Time for a new laptop . Does anyone know if a Cromebook will run Bru'n Water and Beersmith?

Reportedly, there is some sort of Linux application that can be installed on a chromebook and then software written for Linux can be run on a chromebook. There is a Linux version of LibreOffice and that's freeware. I have no idea if it runs Bru'n Water and I don't know if there is any compatibility between Linux and BS.

If you haven't already purchased a chromebook, it could be an expensive and wasted effort. But if you already own one, then see if you can figure out that Linux and LibreOffice thing. I'm pretty sure that that won't cost you anything to try.

Good luck.

Chrome does not run Beersmith. I emailed the beersmith and they said no to this as well. I own both and must use Beersmith in my old clunker laptop. The old computer is on its last breath so changes are coming. Might be easiest to change beer programs.

Latest posts

Back