Briess 2 row deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homergah

Only I didn't say fudge
Reaction score
As much as I dislike morebeer, this can work out to a good deal. 10 lb bags of 2 row for $10.69. Put 17 of them in your cart and enter code ez30. Shipping is free and the code discounts the cart. Works on most anything in the cart as long as total is over $170.
Works out to 170 lbs of grain for 151.73 to my door.
Courtesy of homebrewfinds.
EXPIRES MARCH 1 2019

Last edited:
As much as I dislike morebeer, this can work out to a good deal. 10 lb bags of 2 row for $10.69. Put 17 of them in your cart and enter code ez30. Shipping is free and the code discounts the cart. Works on most anything in the cart as long as total is over $170.
Works out to 170 lbs of grain for 151.73 to my door.
Courtesy of homebrewfinds.
EXPIRES MARCH 1 2019
Thanks for sharing... just curious- why do you dislike morebeer?

Thanks for sharing... just curious- why do you dislike morebeer?
I've had multiple issues with them. Incomplete items, broken items, old used items in new packages. These are the things that they would not take care of. I got tired of fighting them and hearing endless excuses so I went on a rather long quest of flaming them every chance I would get. The $400 they cheated me out of cost them thousands. But, I'll still take advantage of something super cheap from them. Now when they screw up I just report it to PayPal and get it taken care of real quick.

I've had multiple issues with them. Incomplete items, broken items, old used items in new packages. These are the things that they would not take care of. I got tired of fighting them and hearing endless excuses so I went on a rather long quest of flaming them every chance I would get. The $400 they cheated me out of cost them thousands. But, I'll still take advantage of something super cheap from them. Now when they screw up I just report it to PayPal and get it taken care of real quick.
That's a bummer. I used to live close enough to the original Concord showroom (beer, beer, and Morebeer!) And always enjoyed browsing their. I also have done returns, etc. online as well.
Thanks for sharing. Did not mean to de-rail this thread.

Note- i have always found if you have an order close to qualify for free shipping throwing in a 10# bag or two helps seal the deal. I think most of my speciality grains came this way

The normal price at Northern brewer for a 50# sack is the same as the deal listed and you dont need to buy 170 pounds at a time.

Thanks for posting this just ordered 120 lbs of grain, yeast, hops, honey.. I be stocked for awhile.

The normal price at Northern brewer for a 50# sack is the same as the deal listed and you dont need to buy 170 pounds at a time.

I'm curious if you actually look at the price of deals before you post that they're not a good deal?

Northern Brewer charges $53.99 for a 50 pound sack of Briess 2-row. For 170 pounds, that would cost $183.57. This deal is $151.73. $183.57 is not the same as $151.73.

If we scale this deal to a sack-size amount, it would be $44.63 for a 50 pound sack. That's not the same as $53.99.

220 lbs for 145.78 to your door for Viking pale ale 2 row. That's a lot of 10lb bags!

I have only used Great Western pale malt that I buy from my LHBS. Can anyone comment on GW vs Briess vs Rahr? I haven't heard of Viking either. How does Viking compare to the others?

I have only used Great Western pale malt that I buy from my LHBS. Can anyone comment on GW vs Briess vs Rahr? I haven't heard of Viking either. How does Viking compare to the others?
I wish that my beer making skills were sooooo good that the brand of 2-row i used made a noticeable differrence!!!
I think the best for me is what is the freshest vs. Brand.

The Morebeer website seems to be having issues. It won't let me place an order or even login to my account.

I'm curious if you actually look at the price of deals before you post that they're not a good deal?

Northern Brewer charges $53.99 for a 50 pound sack of Briess 2-row. For 170 pounds, that would cost $183.57. This deal is $151.73. $183.57 is not the same as $151.73.

If we scale this deal to a sack-size amount, it would be $44.63 for a 50 pound sack. That's not the same as $53.99.
You are correct...my math was off....I never said it wasnt a good deal.

I've never used Viking. I know a few pro brewers using it with great results. I have used both Great Western and Briess. I couldn't really tell a difference other than Briess is a bit lighter.

I just picked up a 50lb bag of 2row at my local store for $38 + tax
I'm lucky enough to have 2 LHBS within 15 miles. Both have 2 row for $45/50# bag and give 10% AHA discounts, so $40.50 plus tax and I get to support the local guy and girl.

I've never used Viking. I know a few pro brewers using it with great results. I have used both Great Western and Briess. I couldn't really tell a difference other than Briess is a bit lighter.

Thanks for the input @Homergah. The more I researched, I found people commenting their efficiency dropped 8-10%. I'm probably better passing on the Viking and stick with what I know.

Last edited:
For $141, I ordered a pound of hops and 145 lbs of mostly base malt and I don't have to go go get it, so I'm happy with the deal. Thanks to the OP for posting.

I'm thinking maybe I'll get a sack of every pale 2 row I can find and do some side-by-side brews using identical processes with slight inconsistencies thrown in to each batch just for kicks and get some friends that don't really have an understanding of beer and maybe we'll all get drunk first and then do some critical blind tastings to determine that they all pretty much taste the same.

Northern Brewer is a much better deal if you live near one but if you don’t the shipping kills it

Back