Brewstand Height Question????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buxsquad

Reaction score
Wanted to get some thoughts on brewstand heights? Making single tier - 3 burner (keggles) stand and am leaning toward making it tall enough to store keggles under the burners for storage purpose! I realize will probably need stool but figure it's not used more than it is so storage space is important! Thanks.

I would venture to guess storage space is more of a challenge space wise vertically not horizontally? Not sure what you'll gain by storing keggles underneath. You'll need space for burners, gas lines, can probably forget automation.

Todd

It depends on how tall you are- in my original stand I had to stand on a stepstool to mash in and it was a pain. It made it hard to lift the false bottom out, to stir the mash, etc. I'm pretty short though and I'd guess quite a bit shorter than the average brewer.

My stand now is "my height". I don't have to stand on anything to brew or clean out the MLT (I added a tippy dumb). I think standing on a ladder or step stool when dealing with boiling liquids can be very dangerous.

I am in the process of building the same style of stand, I figured out that adjustable height burners was the easiest way to make the stand as short as possible while still allowing for the keggle storage.

20151203_220753_resized.jpg

I planned to store my kettles and cooler-tun in the stand and was successful...before I installed the burners. Now everything lives on top, and the brewstand is at a good height for me during brewday. To me making the brewing as convenient as possible is more important than storage. Kyle

Right now my Keggles are on a 30" tall stand. I am 6' 2" and I still think this is needlessly high. Once I build a permanent spot for my brewery, I will make a stand that is probably 20-24" high. I am not sure what the advantage is of a taller stand and I am not sure what the point is of storing the keggles inside the stand. Make the whole thing shorter would be my suggestion.

Chris

Storage is key as this lives in on side of my garage and space is at a premium! The fold down walk platform may be added!

Latest posts

Back