Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to be understanding of how they work. You get several benefits from them:
1. I think very competitive prices (ability to order by the ounce) You can always get 10% off.
2. Very cheap shipping
3. Good selection

I have run several recipes through several online shops and BMW comes up with the best price every time. In return you have to generally wait 7 days to ship. It takes 1.5 to 2 weeks to get your stuff. You may say that's slow but they are pretty consistent. I order way ahead of time and expect this type of turnaround. I ordered 7 days ago, they shipped yesterday. It will be here in 3-4 days. It's how they operate and it works for me. If this is a deal breaker for you, then use someone else. So many people keep complaining about his turnaround, but if you really read this thred, you'll see it is no surprise.
If I need something quick, I'll go get ripped off at my LBS.

Mysticmead said:
That's exactly why I shop at my LHBS... Which just happens to to be Brewmaster's warehouse..

BMW is my lhbs as well so that's why I'm not that upset. This is the first wait I've had

Well it looks like the rest of my order has finally shipped..... 3 full weeks after placing the order. This isn't acceptable in the age of internet shopping, maybe it would have been 25 years ago in the age of mail order catalogs and such.

I called them late last week to inquire about the rest of my order and they were still waiting on a #10 drilled stopper that fits a better bottle (seems like it should be common enough). I nicely asked the guy what was up with the delays. I told him I placed 10 or more orders 2-3 years ago before my break from brewing and stuff always seemed to ship in 1-2 days and both orders I've placed since starting up have been delayed substantially. He said its their busiest time of the year (he mentioned the holidays even though we're almost 2 months past Christmas) but didn't elaborate much past that.

The worst part of it for them is that due to them being out of stock on so much and slow on the rest it that I'm sure its costing them a lot of orders and customers. I'm thinking of moving my business to another vendor, I really don't want to but I can't work with 3 week lead times.

I had the same problem. When I placed my order, I got an email saying they were out of two row......really? out of two row, the most basic grain you can get. Apparently, they crushed the rest of my grain and then waited 8 days to add the two row. When the shipment arrived, I saw that the crush was horrible. It looked like 80% of the grain was completely intact. I then proceeded to brew as normal. I hit all my temps perfect, the mash pH was perfect, but my efficiency ended up being only 65%. I totally blame this on the grain. I definitely will not be going back for grain.

I had the same problem. When I placed my order, I got an email saying they were out of two row......really? out of two row, the most basic grain you can get. Apparently, they crushed the rest of my grain and then waited 8 days to add the two row. When the shipment arrived, I saw that the crush was horrible. It looked like 80% of the grain was completely intact. I then proceeded to brew as normal. I hit all my temps perfect, the mash pH was perfect, but my efficiency ended up being only 65%. I totally blame this on the grain. I definitely will not be going back for grain.

My order from January got my my normal 72%.

Something has happened over there. I don't know what it is, but the place has gone completely upside down. I am definitely moving my orders elsewhere and don't think I will ever be going back to BMW.

Something has happened over there. I don't know what it is, but the place has gone completely upside down. I am definitely moving my orders elsewhere and don't think I will ever be going back to BMW.

This isn't a review, it doesn't give us any info. Every business has satisfied and unsatisfied customers, it doesn't help anyone to say you're unsatisfied. Earlier in this thread you posted a review https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/brewmasters-warehouse-257713/index22.html#post4770875 You really don't need to post anything else about it, your review is very clear and folks are forewarned.

I'm leaving this up, hopefully it is instructive. Please post reviews, be factual, be brief and keep the rants to a minimum. Thanks!

I've been using BMW since I started brewing about a year ago and most my orders shipped either the same day or the very next.
Out of the last four orders, 2 shipped the same day and the other 2 took a week. I think they are just going through some growing pains.
I placed an order this morning. We'll see how long it takes.

They used to be my goto for grain orders and small batches. In the beginning they shipped super fast. The last two orders it's taken emails to get my order shipped. I haven't used them since but I see that people are still experiencing the same issues. It might be a good idea for them to evaluate that portion of the company and hire/ fire as needed. Seems like they can't keep up with demand. YMMV and they deserve a try atleast once.

I received my package for an all grain English mild recipe last night. Everything was well packaged and seems in order. It only took them two weeks from the date of my order to get it to me...

I had a gift Certificate for BMW so I placed my order today. I hope this time my order doesn't take a long period of time. If it does, I hope there is communication from BMW along the way. Otherwise, this will probably be my last purchase from them.

WOW!!!! I wanted to brew next thursday night. I wonder if they just can't keep up with the demand.

To echo recent responses...

I've had several great experiences with BMW in the past. In fact, I remember once in particular in which I had created a recipe that simply wasn't going to work and, instead of just shipping what I had ordered, they took the time to call me and see what I was thinking and how it could be fixed.

However, my most recent order has been trying, to say the least. When offered flat rate shipping, I expect to wait a few days for it to be shipped, and at least that to it to arrive. Currently, I've been sitting at "Pending" for 2.5 weeks, and received an email telling me they were out of light LME!

I wonder what's going on over there...

Just cancelled my order. Placed it on 1/20 and ordered a couple of beers to brew for St Patty's day. I'll be going local to try and get something to brew for it now. My local store doesn't carry all the grains I like to use, but a month of waiting is way to long. 2 days after placing my order, I was told they were out of stock on 2 items and would have them in the following week. I said no problem. After waiting 2 more weeks, I e-mailed back to check again and was told it would be another week. Now that's passed as well and I'm tired of waiting. A month is just way to long.

Never again will i ever use BMW....i had similar experience, 3 weeks after waiting on my order i emailed them. 4 days after sending and emal i got a respnce about waiting to restock an item before it was shipped. Now isnt it theyre job to notify me that something is out of stock? Also the crush on there grain sucked and my og was way lower then it should be....id rather not brew then order from them again...DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM..WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

I ma very sorry for the troubles. We have moved the website over to a new server as part of an expansion project to improve the website, and we had some issues that were not caught. Including not receiving emails from the contact form on the website, and a few orders kind of getting stuck in limbo. We have fixed the issues with the website, but i am very sorry for your troubles. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you please let me know.

Thanks,

Ed

I have been ordering from BMW for a few years now. They offer, in most cases, the best prices, plus their brew tool is awesome. It is no beersmith, but it is a great POP tool. Their customer service is awesome. When you call an American answers the phone unless they are on another call, then you leave a message and they call you right back. Nice people to. However, at least the last half dozen times I have ordered, at least one item has been out of stock. It has been both common and uncommon, but always an out of stock item. BMW needs more integration between their inventory and their Web site. I will get an email 5-7 calender days after I place the order saying something is out of stock. I call and then they mail the rest of the in stock items and the rest later on. I am currently on week 3 of waiting for the out of stock items from my order on 2/1. However, as some other posters have stated, they do not charge you until they mail the in stock items. Overall, if you order weeks in advance, you should be fine. The closest lhbs to me is 45 minutes away, so I usually order my stuff online. Some places ship faster, but they charge more and they don't have the brewtool. I will continue to order from BMW based on my experience.

However, as some other posters have stated, they do not charge you until they mail the in stock items. Overall, if you order weeks in advance, you should be fine.

That is not true, at least in the case of my last order.

2/5/13: Place order for recipe via BMW website.
2/6/13: BMW charges the order to my debit card (confirmed via USAA).
2/11/13: BMW sends me an email stating my order is being delayed because they are out of stock on Fuggles and WYeast 1968.
2/15/13: BMW sends me email notification that my order has been shipped.
2/19/13: I receive my order.

That is not true, at least in the case of my last order.

2/5/13: Place order for recipe via BMW website.
2/6/13: BMW charges the order to my debit card (confirmed via USAA).
2/11/13: BMW sends me an email stating my order is being delayed because they are out of stock on Fuggles and WYeast 1968.
2/15/13: BMW sends me email notification that my order has been shipped.
2/19/13: I receive my order.

I stand corrected. I just checked my cc statement and BMW order receipt. I was billed the day after I placed the order but was not notified of the out of stock items until a week after I placed the order.

Other than the two week delay in getting my order, I was pleased with what I received. Everything was exactly as I ordered it and well packaged - I hope I am not coming across as completely upset or negative about BMW.

*post brewing update*

The good : my shipment came in a week . I am extremely happy about that considering some of the other comments .

The package was packed well and the order was 100% correct.

The bad : as was mentioned by mad brewer , the crush on my grain was awful . Even trying to adjust for this by lowering my target mash temp from 152 down to 149 and running a 90 min. Mash still the mash did absurd much water at at all and the OG was off by 10 points. I have had my OG off by 2-3 points in the past , but 10 is huge when it should have been at 1.070.

Two packs of hops were not properly vacuum sealed, thankfully I was brewing soon after package arrival.

Little pet peeve , that would not affect my reordering , but is worth mentioning. The packing peanuts were not the biodegradable kind. I hate filling up a trash bag with them so they can go sit in a landfill , when I could just water the starch kind into my garden. I know , I know small issue in the big picture but every bit helps. Environmental concerns is why I ordered from them to start with , as BMW is in Georgia and I am in Fl. the shipping had a lower environmental impact then lets say ordering from AHS .

So, my over all opinion is that I would order yeast or equipment from them if I could not plan a trip into Tampa the my LHBS , but the crush on the grain and improperly sealed hops REALY make me think long and hard about ordering any recipes from them again!

I love the Brewbuilder and Ed seems to be a very genuinely nice guy that really cares about his customers. There seems to be some disconnect from that down the line though. Focusing on training and quality and managing growth can be a difficult balancing act.
Thank you Ed for your support of the home brew community through your active participation in this form, BYO and, Brewing Network advertising.
Best of luck with your growing pains.

I have never had a problem with the crush. If the real problem was the crush I would be surprised. I suppose anything is possible though.

I placed an order Wednesday 2/20. I called today to check the status and they were out of items. Apparently it will ship today without the missing items (they were equipment so I said they can ship later). The guy i spoke with seemed annoyed I was calling. Perhaps it was early and he hadn't his coffee...after all they had only been opened for 40 minutes.

Its a bummer that the service has gone down hill. I hope it turns around, but until then I think I am going to have to go elsewhere.

I agree with the recent sentiments. I ordered from BMW for the first time almost a month ago. After about a week and a half since I placed the order, I received an email saying some items were out of stock. I called to talk about options and the employee told me that my items would be in an the end of the week. I have since been sold the same story twice, with my items never arriving. According to BMW my items will be in mid-week this week..... Until I get an email saying that they will be back in stock Christmas 2013. I am a pretty patient person but it will be over a month by time I receive my order. They sure were quick to process my credit card though. BMW has left a sour taste in my mouth I probably won't be able to forget.

BMW has been nothing but awesome for me. They are my LHBS and I am so happy to have them nearby. I did make an online purchase for pickup recently and they were out of allot of stuff and I was in a hurry and unfortunately had to purchase elsewhere. I think the holidays wiped them out and they are restocking.

The out of stock part of the this discussion is true, and I have even cancelled lingering parts of my order and purchased elsewhere after a 3-4 week delay. I also paid more when I did that:(

I only order from brewmasterswarehouse because the prices are lower, the flat rate shipping is great and with brewbuilder discount codes even cheaper.

The crush is great, and I counted on 75-80% efficiency for years until I started grinding my own.

As a precaution about out of stock items, I simply leave a note in the provided box saying to ship what is available and notify me of out of stock items. Solved the problem. they have never been out of anything recipe wise other than a yeast pack and that came in and shipped a couple of days later. It is the more off the beaten path items that I had to wait on.

Will continue to use brewmasterwarehouse only, and recommend to friends.

OK here is my 2cents.
I have been a dedicated customer for over 3 years doing all grain brewing. I have ordered more than 50 batches of grain. In the first 2.5 years I never got one single item not in stock and my mash efficiencies always exceeded 75%. Not true anymore
My last 3 or 4 orders required back ordering of at least 1 item and my efficiencies have dropped to low 60's. They are so low now I have begun to question if all the base grain is weighed correctly as the crush looks ok to me.

Last time I bought from them the bottles where package very well. Hops and grains were great. No complaints.

Just out of curiosity, what item were they out of stock on?

The better bottle bungs, springless bottle filler, and one other thing i can't remember off the top of my head.

According to Fedex what they have will be here tomorrow.

Looking for a new online vendor for when I can't make it to the LHBS.

It looks like the owner, Ed Meyer, is in the process of opening up a brewery, Hoptropolis Brewering Company - might explain the recent order issues at BMW.

It looks like the owner, Ed Meyer, is in the process of opening up a brewery, Hoptropolis Brewering Company - might explain the recent order issues at BMW.

That would explain a lot. I have been a long time supporter of BMW. However, my couple of orders have been in line with what people have been saying here. I placed my last order from AHS. It didn't ship out as quickly as my orders from them have in the past, but it was here soon enough without my having to babysit it in the process. Hope BMW gets things turned around, but, from appearances, that hasn't happened at this point despite a lot of vocal individuals. Best of luck to Ed with the brewery.

It wasn't difficult to find the owner on Google, and then from Google find out that he's incorporated the Brewery and even started a website for it (still heavily under construction). I've also heard this mentioned in the Vendor Showcase thread as well.

Well a month after placing my order, 2 weeks after receiving the grain, and about 3 emails finally got a reply. The filter will be in their stock by the end of the week. Glad I had them ship the order without the filter or I'd never get to brew.

Latest posts

Back