Brewmaster Cronicals and their Glycol Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burtom

Reaction score
We have moved into an apartment and space is an issue so my freezer fermentation chambers had to go. Has anyone used two of the 7 gallon SS Brewtech Brewmaster Chronicals and their glycol chiller? IF so how well do they do cold crashing and lagering?

Opinions welome.

Ive got a 1 barrel uni-tank; usually its only half full. I use a small freezer with one of the drawers full of water-glycol maybe 20 liters. I keep the solution at 3C. I can crash from 18C to 3C in about 30 hrs. I also have my pump on a timer which shuts it off about 3 hrs per day. Not really sure its necessary. Insulation and room temp will play a significant roll in your losses.

I have 3 chronicles and a homemade glycol chiller (much much cheaper) I have no issue holding all 3 at 32F with 80f ambient. My glycol reservar is a cooler though, likely larger than theirs

Awesome jddevinn. I'm hoping to use the one they supply because it's only a 20 x 20 x 15 high foot print and it's only about $50 more than glycol chiller itself when I looked it up. Hopefully I won't have crash both at once with the smaller resivoir.

Thanks KimJohansen,
From the feedback I think this is the way I'll go.
Thanks everyone.

You can use a aquarium chiller. They make some that get pretty cold.

Back