Brewing water in Claremont, NH?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trail

Oh great, it's that guy again.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, crew - got a bit of a puzzler. I'm looking at a house in Claremont, NH and am faced with abandoning my current, decent (and non-Chloramine) city water in favor of the unknown. I haven't been able to find any data on the city water there - by any chance, do any of you live there and have some info for me?

My wife thinks I'm nuts for even considering brewing water during our move... but I gotta remember what's important in life. :mug:

Update: I am moving to Claremont tomorrow. I will brew some beer and report back as soon as I know. According to the city, there's no chloramine and quality is decent... so onward, once more unto the breach. :mug:

I'm looking at a house in Claremont too. How's the brewing water? Have you found a homebrew shop near there?

Whoa, I wish I'd seen this last month! I don't know yet, because I lost access to a lot of my brewing equipment in the move (the only thing I had to pay back my brother for the moving help was my 10-gallon kettle and a carboy) and I am gearing up this week for my first brew in over a year.

In terms of homebrew stores, the closest dedicated place for that is Keene, 40 miles away. A whole foods store in Lebanon reportedly has a homebrew section though.

Though I haven't brewed yet, I expect it to work out OK. The water isn't chloramined, and it tastes reasonably good from the tap. I'll be brewing a bitter this week if the stars (and Midwest's shipping department) align.

If you're still looking at Claremont drop me a line, I'd be happy to tell you what to expect. So far so good for me though! :mug:

I had forgotten about this thread, been a busy month. I will be moving in less than two weeks. The house I'm buying has a well, so I'm not on town water. The water report says that the water has a lot of iron, so until I can get that taken care of, I'll be buying bottled water.

I spent some time searching for homebrew shops in the area, and I found Lebanon Cafe’ & Home-Brew Supply. I've not been there yet, but it looks like it might be a good place to get supplies.

I'll PM you once I get moved in, maybe we can get together and brew.

Latest posts

Back