Brewing Related Research

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aar0nCM

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm a Biological and Agricultural Engineering student and I'm trying to do brewing related research (getting to brew in a lab and say I'm being productive
wink.gif
). The problem is that there are many topics to research and I need to choose one. With my engineering discipline, I could choose to research just about anything (from brewing techniques/processes, equipment functions, ingredients, waste/energy, packaging, yeast, etc). I would like to hear any ideas or if anyone knows problems in the brewing industry that we could recreate and research in a lab. I'm mostly interested in the aspects of food engineering and microbiology but any topic suggestions will help.

Thanks!

I might add that I'm currently participating in a research where we are converting bio-materials into graphene and active carbon for use in batteries and other applications such as filtration and 3D printing. I am using spent grain as one of my materials.

Howdy,

I'm a Biological and Agricultural Engineering student and I'm trying to do brewing related research (getting to brew in a lab and say I'm being productive
wink.gif
). The problem is that there are many topics to research and I need to choose one. With my engineering discipline, I could choose to research just about anything (from brewing techniques/processes, equipment functions, ingredients, waste/energy, packaging, yeast, etc). I would like to hear any ideas or if anyone knows problems in the brewing industry that we could recreate and research in a lab. I'm mostly interested in the aspects of food engineering and microbiology but any topic suggestions will help.

Thanks!

I might add that I'm currently participating in a research where we are converting bio-materials into graphene and active carbon for use in batteries and other applications such as filtration and 3D printing. I am using spent grain as one of my materials.

How about some sort of study (paper/spreadsheet exercise) of potential economic impact of switching from Chico yeast to Kveik at say 30 barrel scale considering less cooling requirements and faster throughout and...then brew demo batches using comparable recipes to verify ability to deliver similar product?

I would like to hear any ideas or if anyone knows problems in the brewing industry that we could recreate and research in a lab.
I hope you realize this is a homebrew forum, for homebrew hobbyists.
If you're looking for professional input, marketing feedback, research vectors, and such, we don't (normally) allow that. IOW, we're not your research team.

Perhaps it's best to post your question on a pro forum.

I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back