Brewing now...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erockdoc

Reaction score
I ordered the Northern Brewer Petite Saison all grain kit on a whim. I am disappointed at this recipe Does not meet the minimum Saison original gravity standards. This recipe comes in at 1.040, Well below the 1.055 minimum standard. So I just happened to have some light Belgian candy laying around,1 pound worth, so, I am going to add it to boost the gravity. Should be interesting. That is all.

Hence the name PETITE Saison.....

From NB:
This session-strength Saison of summer pours tawny-gold and perfumes the air with tangy yeast and pungent hop aromas. The flavor is lightly earthy with spicy, flowery hops and a grain-and-bread malt character; caramel malt dukes it out with Saaz and Styrian Goldings through the middle before a palate-cleansingly dry finish.

Adding the sugar certainly won't destroy the beer. If you want the higher gravity go for it.

kh54s10 said:
Hence the name PETITE Saison.....

From NB:
This session-strength Saison of summer pours tawny-gold and perfumes the air with tangy yeast and pungent hop aromas. The flavor is lightly earthy with spicy, flowery hops and a grain-and-bread malt character; caramel malt dukes it out with Saaz and Styrian Goldings through the middle before a palate-cleansingly dry finish.

Ha ha, like I said I ordered this on a whim while I was ordering some other recipes. I obviously did not read too close.

Back