Brewing now. Are these hops bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaysurfer

Former future HOF Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
They smell "ok". Nothing notable really, but they're warrior, so they are supposed to have a mild aroma.

The picture is a pretty good representation, though some of the brown spots might be a bit darker then you see. Thanks in advance to any replies:

photobucket-3218-1333603744412.jpg

Yeah, they were my flavor addition. I'm bittering with Simcoe. I've got sorachi ace, and amarillo, though, for obvious reasons, I'm hoarding my amarillo. I also have some warrior pellets...guess I could just use those instead.

Yeah, freshops purchase last fall pretty much set me up for the rest of the year. But these were Brewcraft. Got any suggestions for the substitute? I also have centennial and NB. What goes well w/ Simcoe besides Amarillo?

Edit: I'm an SRJC alumni. Was just back there a month ago to watch my buddy get inducted into the SRJC sports HOF. I love that place, and not just for RR Brewery either :)

I freeze em in the deep freezer. This was a "chain of custody" casualty, who knows how many hands products pass through before they land in your LHBS?

Went with the Centennial, and added a little more simcoe on the aroma addition. All pitched and relatively cleaned up. Night night!

Thanks for the instant help helibrewer. Cheers!

Back