Brewing for a Mock Beer Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlomo

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Some friends have been holding a mock beer festival for a few years now and its always been a great time, however i've never timed it right and had beer on tap that I could bring. This year I will be brewing something for the festival which is in March, and i'm looking for recipe ideas by TOMORROW so that I can pickup the ingredients and brew this weekend. I have 3 weeks from Saturday until the festival which is cutting it close but i think it'll be fine. I have a heated/cooled ferm chamber and force carb in the keg, my typical turn around time is ~13 days from grain to glass.

I'm leaning toward a very heavy dark beer, as that is typically what goes over well that time of the year and the festival is held outside. Everyone brings growlers or 6 packs of their favorite beers so that everyone is able to try everything.

What are your suggestions? I brew All Grain and have a 3 vessel HERMS system with a 10 gallon MLT.

:mug:

I brew an Irish Red every winter to be ready for St. Patrick's Day. It's always a hit. I generally brew it in January, I don't know if it would be ready in three weeks. I use a slight variation of the recipe in Brewing Classic Styles. It is dark but not heavy, with plenty of flavor.

Latest posts

Back