Brewing AHS Schelde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattim

Reaction score
I'm starting the boil on an Austin Homebrew Belgian Schelde - I am *so* tempted to mess with the formula. I have some really nice cherry extract I am thinking of adding, or maybe honey or raw sugar (to boost). Has anyone ever brewed the Schelde (with the Wyeast Schelde)? I'm thinking maybe the Schelde could be overpowered by such additions.

Thank you!
Patricia

EDIT: OK, into the primary at 72F - so far sticking to the recipe except for additional dextrose to being OG up to 1.080

I was wondering about priming: so far I'm just going to use 4 oz of cane sugar, but I was thinking of adding maltodextrin to get more head and enhance mouth feel

If you want more head then you are fine with Malto. As for the cherry addition, just make sure and add it into your secondary after proper sanitization(why does this site say this is misspelled?) you will just have to figure out(trial by error) what amount you prefer with your beer. Hope this helps.

Back