Brewhouse vs. Brew System Definition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_E

Reaction score
I have a, seemingly, simple question to which I am unable to find an answer. I was screwing around looking at bigger systems, and saw two different categories. I cannot seem to tell the difference between what a Brewhouse is versus a Brew System.

Anyone able to differentiate for me? Thanks.

That seems logical,but...
Looking at classifieds they seem to overlap in components.

Then again maybe you are right. Maybe the brewhouse is the whole building with system included. Just didn't seem that way.

A brewhouse is a dedicated space made specifically for brewing beer. It could be as simple as just a room you like to brew and store your gear in or it could be a complex unit complete with walk-in cooler, HEPA filter, natural gas hookups etc etc. But as Double D mentioned I would expect to find a brew system in a brew house.

I will contradict. I do that so well... This is how I understand it. I'm guessing you are asking about the classifieds in probrewer.

A brewhouse is the 'brewery' or the 3 (or 4, or whatever) vessel system that produces wort. A brew system includes the brewhouse and the fermenters and glycol system and , and, and...

I will contradict. I do that so well... This is how I understand it. I'm guessing you are asking about the classifieds in probrewer.

A brewhouse is the 'brewery' or the 3 (or 4, or whatever) vessel system that produces wort. A brew system includes the brewhouse and the fermenters and glycol system and , and, and...

Excellent. I think this is exactly the info I was looking for. Yes, they were the classifieds on Probrewer. I knew there was some sort of overlap, but was unable to quite understand the differences. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back