Brewers Best NEIPA Modification (first time)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stromboni

Reaction score
I am just starting to brew my own beer so I got all of the supplies as well as a brewer’s best NEIPA extract kit so I can get started a little easier. I was looking at the hops involved, and I would like something a little fruiter so I bought 2oz of citra to use. Right now the recipe calls to use Columbus, Chinook, and Cascade hops. I was thinking about maybe putting one less ounce of Chinook and Columbus in, and adding both ounces of citra. Does anyone have any advice for adding the citra for a good tasting modification? I would love to make it really juicy and have some good sweetness. Here is the recipe for reference http://www.brewersbestkits.com/assets/1026_neipa_recipe.pdf

Last edited:
Based on what you're saying, I'd focus on replacing the Columbus hops, personally.
That being said, I like the BB kits and any I've purchased have been accurate with their beer descriptions. I'd be reluctant to change much, especially if you're on the newer sided to brewing.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back