Breweries to check out in the Clearwater, FL area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merline

Reaction score
Greetings,
I'll be in near Clearwater, Florida for a few days in April. Any suggestions for good breweries to check out? Tours? Brewpubs?

Many thanks,
-Ellis

Dunedin has great beer and food. Hard to find their beer outside of the brewery. Dunedin the city also has another brewery 7venth Sun and it's basically across the street from Dunedin Brewery. I've never been, but I hear great things. I'd check both of those out and Cigar City if you can get over there. Willard's Tap House in Largo is sweet as well.

+1 on Dunedin. My grandma lived there for 25 years and I've been doing 16oz curls there for quite some time. Def check it out!

Green Bench, st. pete
Barley Mow, Largo
Rapp, Seminole

are 3 more

St somewhere makes some great beer, but I've never been there.
Heard good things about 7eventh son. Dunedin brewing I have no opinion of.
If you get into tampa area cigar city has a cool, but often highly crowded tap room, and also a second location further away from downtown I think, with a full restaurant and of course their beer.

I feel like most tours are one-in-the-same, but honestly - Cigar City gives a great tour. Their facility and equipment is state of art, and they'll give you some different stuff to try during the tour. It's like $5, includes about 2 beers, and a pint glass. And they have a huge bar with about 22 or so beers on tap.

I'll also recommend Dunedin. They have really good food, and all you can smell is wort as the mash tuns are seemingly in the restaurant.

If you are into coffee, 9th Bar Espresso just down from Dunedin serves some good stuff.

My family has a place in Madiera Beach which isn't too far from there. Apparently there is a brewery there (Mad Beach Brewing) and it looks like they have a wide variety of beers. John's Pass is a cool place to check out during the day if you're into day drinking, fishing, or whatever. I like the area because everything is walking accessible with crosswalks that notify traffic. If you end up beating me to Mad Beach Brewing, let me know how it is!

Wow! Thanks for all the responses so far. Looks like I won't be lacking for things to do. Cheers!

Due to commitments, only made it to Mad Beach Brewing. Turns out I was staying in Indians Shores which is only a few miles from Madeira Beach. Mad Beach Brewing has a HUGE taproom with basically a full stage for (I assume) rock and country bands. The beers are mighty tasty. Now that I've been there, I highly recommend the place.

Thanks for the follow up. I found the donut place in Indian Shores but missed Mad Beach. Oh well guess I'll have to go back.

Due to commitments, only made it to Mad Beach Brewing. Turns out I was staying in Indians Shores which is only a few miles from Madeira Beach. Mad Beach Brewing has a HUGE taproom with basically a full stage for (I assume) rock and country bands. The beers are mighty tasty. Now that I've been there, I highly recommend the place.

I am glad you were able to check it out! I am going to be there next week since we have a place less than a half mile from them.

Back