Breweries in Long Beach, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azdavid

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
visiting Long Beach next week.. What are some of the better breweries/ tap rooms in the area.. Besides Ballast Point

Thanks

By far the most popular brewery is Beachwood BBQ there (no the Seal Beach location), and for a good reason: the food and beer are great! That is the only reason I ever visit LB.

Thanks.. That's just a couple miles from where we will be staying.

Congregation Ale House is very close to there as well within walking distance

Another vote for Beachwood. Long Beach is better than the Seal Beach location IMO. Excellent beers and food. If you like sours, be sure to walk around the block to their other facility, Beachwood Blendery. Riip Beer Co. has some pretty decent stuff as well and they are located at the north end of Huntington Beach. :mug:

I was there for a day about a month ago. Beachwood BBQ and Beachwood Blendery were my reasons for going there. I don't have any additional brewery recommendations, but if you happen to also be a fan of great coffee, try Recreational Coffee right next to Beachwood Blendery.

Lots of options, actually. I've heard good things about Ten Mile. Timeless Pints is good, I've heard. I've been to Weiland, and it's a good place for a few beers. In that same area is a place called Steelcraft, which is a number of restaurants on a site working out of big shipping containers. Smog City has a bar there (although obviously it's not a brewing location).

Those are a little farther north, of course.

If you have a car and can get over to the Carson/Torrance area, check out Smog City, Monkish, and The Dudes. Heck, even if you Uber they look like they're all pretty close to each other and possibly even walkable.

Another vote for Beachwood. Long Beach is better than the Seal Beach location IMO. Excellent beers and food. If you like sours, be sure to walk around the block to their other facility, Beachwood Blendery. Riip Beer Co. has some pretty decent stuff as well and they are located at the north end of Huntington Beach. :mug:

These are my two favorites. RIIP is literally my neighborhood go-to place and Beachwood is my 1st pick when in downtown Long beach.

Back