Brewed my first brett beer yesterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingfinbar

Reaction score
I finally got around to brewing my Brett trois saison yesterday. Ended up wildly underestimating my boil off....didn't account for the 90 minute boil... I topped up with some water and got 6 gallons,of 1.060 wort.

Recipe was.
5 lb pils, 1 lb 6row, 1 lb wheat, 1 lb rye, 1.5 lb Munich, 1 lb flaked oats, and a half lb of aromatic. Fwh with a half oz pacific jade, another half at 5, then an oz each of galaxy a d Nelson sauvin at flameout. Also added 2 grams of grains of paradise.... Can't wait to taste the final result!

F

And now the waiting.... I like the hop choices and the variety of grains. Should be a good one!

TNGabe said:
And now the waiting.... I like the hop choices and the variety of grains. Should be a good one!

Ahhh,,the wait! I have to content myself with watching the blowoff vessel bubble away for now.

This was my first time using sauvin... They STANK when I dropped them in at flameout! Stank in a good way, but talk about aroma, wow.

This thing was chugging away like a lunatic all day today. Stank my whole basement up with that CO2 tang....beautiful! I wasn't expecting such a vigorous fermentation right off the bat, but I did build a pretty good sized starter, based on the info in the Brett trois thread on this forum.

Back