Brew Your Own Cancelled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewCrewKevin

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if this happened to anybody else.

In december, i ordered a subscription to Brew Your Own through Amazon. It was on special for $14.

Anyways, yesterday I got a message from Amazon that my subscription has been cancelled. Amazon is telling me it's not actually sold through them, but through Synapse Services. So they can't help me. Now the price is back to $28.

I'm going to complain and all that jazz, but just wondering if anybody else is in this boat with me.

EDIT: I actually got it at $12.50. They lowered the price for a day or 2. I saw it on Homebrewfinds. A few poeple did post on the homebrewfinds link that the same thing happened to them.

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2013/1...howComment=1389114776295#c8537010016656686048

FINAL EDIT: SOLVED

It seems it was a third party to Amazon that cancelled any of the $12.50 subscriptions. However, a few reports of people on Reddit said that if you call Amazon, they will have you re-order for $28, but then give a $16 credit. So basically re-subscribing at $12 if your order had been cancelled like mine. I haven't called Amazon again yet, but 3 or 4 people all said they got the credit.

Not sure what is going on, as I haven't looked into it, but my wife got me a subscription as an early Christmas present in November, and I haven't even received a single issue.

It did say when I ordered it wouldn't be fulfilled until the March/April edition. that's probably when yours will start.

My order was cancelled too. The email said it was due to a technical issue. It also said to check the order status for more information. I checked, but the order was deleted.

I did see the "check the order status for more information." On amazon, however, it just shows up under cancelled orders and doesn't give any more info.

It just sucks because now I don't think I can get it at $14. I was chatting with Amazon for like a half hour, and basically it looks like it's through Amazon until you get to the review order page, where it shows sold by: Synapse Services. So Amazon can't help. I kept telling her just give me the $14 special order code or whatever and I'll re-order it, but she kept "looking into it" and determined they didn't sell it. I'm not even sure how to get a hold of Synapse Services...

It was probably a typo and BYO isn't planning on honoring the price. I meant to jump on it to extend my sub one more year, but procrastinated and didn't. The best deal to be had right now, that I can see, is to go halves with the BOGO offer. That is how I got mine and even kicking in a couple bucks for the guy's time, it was still cheaper for digital and print.

My sub didn't start until the most recent issue out now was released. It took a long time, almost too long considering how easy they could start the sub digitally.

I got canceled too. When prices are too good to be true, I'm not sad if it doesn't work.

I bought the same deal for $14, and just checked on Amazon and it says shipped with an estimated delivery date in April. if it gets cancelled will amazon refund the 14 bucks?

I know, but it looks like the $14 went through for people. Just the one day at 12.50 got cancelled. I'd be totally happy with $14, just wish they would have cancelled it sooner..

I jumped in for $14; it still shows status of "Active" with ship date of 3/22/14.

There's some good stuff on Reddit's homebrewing page about it.

It's only if you ordered it while it was dropped to $12.50. If you call Amazon, they have been letting you re-order at $28 and giving a $16 credit. So it's not $12 if you're order was cancelled like mine was.

Didn't want to be a jerk about it, but it was a good deal and they just cancelled it for "technical reasons." I reached out to BYO and they said they would not honor the price or discount of a third party. For what it's worth, the seller is Synapse Group Inc - I filed a BBB complaint with supporting documentation. Curious to see how it pans out. I also forwarded the URL of this thread to BYO, since it's their product maybe they'll step up and make things right.

Amazon made things right with me, too.

I was chatting with them about it and they weren't really saying much. I finally needed to go, so I said shoot me an email if you figure anything out. I got home and they placed the subscription back in my cart and adjusted it to $12.

so I jumped on this deal for 14 bucks cause it was perfect when my old sub expired but I just got a bill today saying I owe 28 dollars. I have still not received any new issues since my old sub ended and the 14 dollars was paid through amazon now a new bill. anyone else?

Back