Brew Kettle Dimensions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy6026

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a second pot, but the one I'm looking at has the same diameter as its height.

I hear several companies raving that they have a 1.2:1 height to diameter ratio (or something like that).

Is there a reason I should be thinking about this, or should I just go ahead and pull the trigger?

What's your reason for choosing a pot?

In my case, a size ratio of height to width was less important than volume and versatility. My 5 gallon basic SS stockpot wasn't good enough, I wanted a boil kettle with precision thermometer that would allow me to fit a 12.75" SS false bottom to do stepped mashing comfortably on the stovetop.
I upgraded to a 7.5gal SS ANVIL because I could swap the false bottom from the Igloo to the boil kettle.

I went and pulled the trigger...

But yeah, I wanted a second pot to do back to back batches faster and the volume (18 gallons) will allow me to do 10 gallon batches with comfort.

Back