BREW CPR( Priming)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I brewed a Red Ale, bottled it with priming Sugar(BB corn sugar I beleive). I forgot to stir the 5 gallons before I bottled. After a week no Carbonation. I have Identical priming sugar can I open up some bottles put 2 grams in each and re-bottle? Taste great hate to waste it, going to give a few to friends only reason I'm worried about the Carbonation being present otherwise. Thanks for any advice!

Did you whirl pool the beer into your bottling bucket with the priming sugar? What is the room temperature where your bottles are?

What temperature are you storing the beer at? Warm it up into the seventies to possibly wake up the dormant yeast.

How long did the beer condition before bottling?

if you add raw, unboiled (unsanitized sugar) i'd be a tad concerned about introducing unwanted bugs in your beer. risk is probably minimal, especially if you're not going to age these beers for a long time.

but yes, adding sugar and recaping will work. did you calculate the 2 gram addition, or is that a guestimate?

It's been at 75-77 and I've agitated a few as well. I left it in Primary for two weeks. I really just think the majority of my priming suger was in the bottom of my bottling bucket when I bottled and I poured it out.

It's been at 75-77 and I've agitated a few as well. I left it in Primary for two weeks. I really just think the majority of my priming suger was in the bottom of my bottling bucket when I bottled and I poured it out.

I'd be hesitant to add sugar to bottles you're not sure about. Sounds like maybe the sugar was not evenly distributed and if you add sugar to each bottle you can create bombs. One week in the bottle is a little too early to tell. I'd wait another week or two to be sure. Also what was the FG of the beer? Another possibility could be the caps are not air tight.

Once again a little patience goes a long way, waited two more days and everything is carbing nicely, taste great! Thanks for the help all!!:mug:

Latest posts

Back