Brew calculators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romex2121

Reaction score
now that I’m getting back into the hobby I’m curious as to what websites most are using these days for their calculations and such ?
I used Brewer’s friend when I was brewing on a regular basis but lost all info I had saved when subscription ran out .
Just wondering if their all about the same or if there’s a particular one or two out there that makes them the ones to use ,
I never had any problems with
Brewer’s Friend and everything seemed accurate according to the info I provided .
I would like to find one that explains water addition’s (salts) in a easy to follow format & a good addition calculator.
once I get the basics of brewing back down again I’m planning on getting into the water side a little more other than just using a tablet to remove chlorine from tap water

now that I’m getting back into the hobby I’m curious as to what websites most are using these days for their calculations and such ?
I used Brewer’s friend when I was brewing on a regular basis but lost all info I had saved when subscription ran out .
Just wondering if their all about the same or if there’s a particular one or two out there that makes them the ones to use ,
I never had any problems with
Brewer’s Friend and everything seemed accurate according to the info I provided .
I would like to find one that explains water addition’s (salts) in a easy to follow format & a good addition calculator.
once I get the basics of brewing back down again I’m planning on getting into the water side a little more other than just using a tablet to remove chlorine from tap water
I prefer BrewersFriend
I have also used BruNWater
And the free MashMadeEasy
And the free MpH
And BeerSmith
And others as well. I prefer BrewersFriend, annual cost is minimal. To each their own.

More than likely BrewersFriend is what I’ll use again,
Anymore just about anything you can think of to do with brewing is available on the net somewhere , honestly I think we’re all a bit spoiled with how easy it is to gain info , I have big time respect for the old timers & pioneers of home brewing who had to use trial & error to find out what worked….

Latest posts

Back