Brew 2 cans of Brewferm Grand Cru

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobby

Reaction score
Hi guys,good time of the day!
I have a question.I want to brew a 15 liters instead of 9.So I'm planning to buy 2 cans of brewferm Grand Cru and brew it as brewferm Christmas kit.,not adding any sugar just to reach recommended gravity by adding water.Did anyone tried to brew cans instead of one?
Please guys any thoughts.
Thank you for your time.

I'm assuming the brewferm is malt extract, in which case you can certainly use two cans instead of 1, it will just give you a higher gravity if one can is meant to make 9L. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just something to keep in mind. Do you know what the brewferm cans weigh? Depending on how much extract is present, a little sugar might not be a bad idea. Sometimes extract can leave more fermentables than are desired in a beer, resulting in a high final gravity. A little sugar added to that will ferment completely out, resulting in either more dryness, or at least more alcohol to counteract the high final gravity. But either way you choose to go, you should be good!

Thank you very much!The can net.1.5 kg. ,so for 3 kg of the malt extract how much sugar would be right amount? Thank you for valuable information .

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back