Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frozengator

Reaction score
Ok my first time with my new setup must have worked. I could see yeast in left over trub still going to town. I took a little taste and the beer was good. Only problem I came across was the bottles. I like the short 12oz bottles like Bullivard's 80 acre. The problem I came across was with them the two hand capper has not as much neck space the grab like the long necks. Will a bench capper solve this? And what is a good one that is reasonable in price?

I've never had a problem with short bottles and use a two hand wing capper. I actually prefer Sierra Nevada bottles. Did you try capping any yet?

I like my Colona capper corker, but if you don't make wine the extra $ wouldn't be worth it. Ferrari is supposed to be a very good bench capper.

Yes I capped them all. I had 10 long necks and 40 shorties. They all capped but I had 4 when I tipped upside down they leaked. I just re capped them. I just noticed on shorties you reall have to be carefull

I use a Ferrari bench capper. The instructions say to lube the bell with wax or other material before each session. Since the bell is pretty much, or maybe exactly, the same on a two handled capper, maybe this would help you. I can tell the difference in the way it feels when I push down - slides down easier when waxed.

We also have a Ferrari and it has been a workhorse; stable and versatile. Worth every penny. You can pick one up for 30 - 40 bucks online, I think.

Ok thanks. I have seen the Ferrari one. I also read on the revie about some plastic part that breaks easily. Must be just a bad review then??? That is why I am on here asking

Back