bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the brew and your sanitation. I usually age my beers a month or so after they're carbed up. I just bottled a Bourbon Barrel Stout that I won't even try for five months, and I'm drinking a Lefe clone thats over a year old. My Moose Drool clone only comes into it's own after 2 months or so.

I depends on many factors:
Sanitation (good increases shelf life),
ABV (high increases shelf life),
Style (some styles are meant to be lagered),
Storage conditions (low temps will increase shelf life)
Personal preference (some like fresher less mellow tasting beers)..

If you do things properly you can stash away home-brew for many month/years..

I'm finishing up a couple batches I brewed 2 years ago. One of those was a spiced ale. There is no trace of the spices left. The other tastes like it did 2 years ago.

Cool thanks for the info I thought someone told me 4 months at best but now I know its longer

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

The oldest home brew I have is an imperial stout that is over 18 months old and it keeps getting better and better.

I have a Brew Dog beer that has a best before 2023 date, so they are expecting it to be good for ~10 years.

I just did a 2004, 2008 and 2012 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot vertical tasting. Actually the 2004 wasn't that great, but it actually was a screw cap so people were saying that might be the problem. But the 2008 was very good.

So the message is, beers can last a very long time in the bottle and still taste very good.

Latest posts

Back