bottling tripel with conditioning tablets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan_85

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm planning to bottle a belgian tripel next wknd. I purchased some conditioning tablets from Brewer's best.

The directions say:
3 Tabs = Low Carbonation
4 Tabs = Medium Carbonation
5 Tabs = High Carbonation

1) Does anyone have any experience with these tablets? or tablets in general?
2) Any idea how many volumes of pressure X number of these would create?
3) Since this is a tripel, I'm thinking about trying 5 tablets ("high carbonation"). How crazy is that - when I'll be using standard 12 oz bottles (many of them are DFH)?
4) Does it matter whether the tablets are placed in the bottle before or after the beer?

Thanks a lot!

i would NOT go 5 tablets. there are certainly yummy sugars still available in your trippel, and you are adding more sugar... i would try only 3 or 4 till you know. Ive had some big booms using too much priming sugar.

Thanks. I think you raise a good point of caution.

In theory, though, a brewer bottles when the FG has stabilized because that indicates that the yeast are finished eating the residual sugars, right?

They eat all they can. It's not quite that easy. In some beers the yeast stops because it had eaten all the sugar. It could really easy more, but there is no more. In some bets it literally does of alcohol poisoning.

With out knowing more about the recipe is hard to say.

Back