Bottling Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgull

Reaction score
I have a coopers fermenter and I have been using their carbonation drops. I would like to start using corn sugar instead. do i need to move my beer to a bottling bucket? I want to get another round of bottles(flip tip style)and I'm not sure that the carbonation drops will fit in the mouth of the bottles. thanks for any help.:)

I have a coopers fermenter and I have been using their carbonation drops. I would like to start using corn sugar instead. do i need to move my beer to a bottling bucket? I want to get another round of bottles(flip tip style)and I'm not sure that the carbonation drops will fit in the mouth of the bottles. thanks for any help.:)

yes, for best results you want to carefully transfer your beer from primary to a bottling bucket on top of the priming sugar. if you bottled from the primary you wouldn't be able to evenly mix the sugar solution in the wort without disturbing the trub on the bottom. also the carb drops will fit into the swing top bottles

I always use my bottling bucket as a secondary fermenter, seems to do alright if I add the priming sugar solution and stir it without touching the bottom. You just have to be REALLY careful.

Back