Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatsCradle

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Hoping to bottle some of my cider soon. My question is do I need to use a bottling bucket? I plan to bottle some uncarbonated back-sweetened cider. Could I just auto-siphon directly from the secondary fermentor to my individual bottles and cut out the bottling bucket? Also just generally why should I use a bottling bucket?

Last edited:
When I bottled, I used a bucket with a spout for gravity feed and to rack the beer out of a primary fermenter.

You can skip it if your cider is clear and you have good reflexes. GL

The tricky part is to get the siphon started. Two people, one to press the bottling wand into a bottle and the other to pump the siphon. Once the first bottle is done the rest flow easily. BTDT.
Ok great thanks so much!

When I bottled, I used a bucket with a spout for gravity feed and to rack the beer out of a primary fermenter.

You can skip it if your cider is clear and you have good reflexes. GL
Great thanks for the advice !

I jug out of the fermenter and pour into bottles using a funnel. I THINK this releases CO2 from the beer which flushes out the air and the 1 inch headspace above the beer is all CO2 I THINK....

Back