Bottling Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerant

Reaction score
1st attempt at making 1 gal of mead. When I bottle do I use same sugar amounts as beer for carbing; do I use sugar?

the reason I ask is that I do not think you can carbonate in regular wine bottles even with crown caps. I KNOW you cannot with corks unless you use champagne bottles and corks. In beer bottles with crown caps yes.

You don't have to carbonate, unless you want to. If you do, make sure it is done fermenting. Mead FG can go below 1.0. If you are bottling in beer bottle, use the same amount of priming sugar. If you had stronger bottles like champaign, you could have more carbonation.

You don't have to carbonate, unless you want to. If you do, make sure it is done fermenting. Mead FG can go below 1.0. If you are bottling in beer bottle, use the same amount of priming sugar. If you had stronger bottles like champaign, you could have more carbonation.

Using beer bottles. thanks all

Back