Bottling/keeping and cold crashing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markvale5

Reaction score
So I brewed my first AG blonde this weekend. I plan on fermenting for about 3 weeks (definitely until I see no more change in gravity) then cold crash for a few days then bottle some and keg the rest. My question is after bottling I am going to allow the bottles to carbonate for 3-4 weeks, should I let the keg stand for the same amount of time or should I just carb it and refrigerate while the bottles carb? Any advice is greatly appreciated by this first time brewer.

I'm drinking an AG Blonde Ale as I type this. I did primary for 2 weeks at 64-66F, 1 week secondary at 68F, 4 days cold crash at 40F, and then kegged. Force carbed at 35PSI for three days, shaking the keg twice a day for a minute each. Was ready to drink on day four in the keg. Lowered my PSI to about 12 and have been drinking it for two weeks now.

I don't keg, so I have no comments on that/ As for the 3 weeks in the fermenter that sounds good. Forget the secondary as it's not needed for most ales. Cold crash 3-4 days or shoots a week if you are in no rush. Bottles at 70 will be ready in 3 weeks giver or take a few days. Chill a day or two to let the co2 get reabsorbed into the beer.

Back