Bottling Infected Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calichusetts

Reaction score
With a heavy heart I have to say that I have my first infection. The worst part is, it was my ferm chamber that got the mold on it and consequently a few tiny spores of mold were seen in the two batches I brewed. I transfered to a secondary and there is no signs of the mold (but I am only 24 hours since transfer.)

This is my favorite batch I brew and I am ozs deep in some of my favorite hops. I've never dumped a batch and really want to get this bottled and save it for thanksgiving. Has anyone ever gone ahead and bottled a mild infection before...anyone NOT had bombs or beers that made it through. Would love to know peoples experiences here.

PS- No need for pics, its was mold...as I siphoned the beer I could see it sticking to the sides, but VERY small amounts, mostly on outside. Might post a pic next week if I get any signs

I've bottled not only mildly infected, but full on infected beer before. The only time it ever came out good was the time I soured a red on accident and it ended up being a hit with my craft beer loving friends. The other times it was drinkable, but obviously sub-par. I say you'll be fine if you got it off the mold while it was still in the early stages.

Latest posts

Back