Bottling & filling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queens

Reaction score
I own a small kombucha business. I just received 8 fermenters that can brew 1100 gal. Of course, we don't plan on starting out using that much. I have an M20 pump that will pump 9 gal. per minute. This pump can pump into a carboy or some other tank. So here's the problem. . . I'm trying to find a cheap way to bottle this that would have 3 or 4 filling wands that I could put bottles on and take them off (I use a 12 oz. juice type bottle). I had seen in the forums where they were using these wands and someone built one out of plastic that could fill four bottles at a time. I was wondering if anyone could send me the plans to make this or if they had another suggestion. There was one gentleman on the forum who said he ordered a three siphon hose that he used for filling (?) If someone could shed some light and steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. If I could just fill a few hundred bottles in an hour, that would be great.

Sounds like you ought to start thinking about a bottling machine if you need to do a few hundred bottles an hour.

You're going to be busy. :D

laverne-shirley.jpg

Am sorry I dont Have to bottle that many!!! Thats what we hope to be at in 1 year...I just need something that can fill 25-100 an hr would be REALLY nice any help...PLEASE

Uhhh, I can have 25 bottles filled and capped in an hour easy straight through the spigot.

If your hurting to get more done and wanted makeshift , I suppose you could just use your pump to pressurize a half inch line plumbed to a valve*, that then uses three gated Ys (split one line to two lines, and those lines into four) to sprout into four quarter inch tubes. You could then mount these lines so they are suspended to fit bottles underneath.

*Flip your valve on and fill four simultaneously, use each gate on the Y's to evenly distribute the kombucha amongst the four tubes.
Alternatively, if you had the bottles boxed you could simply space your spouts according to the bottles placement. This would let you pick up your hose and go to the bottles where they sit.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

Back