Bottling A Sour...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montanaandy

Reaction score
Question for those of you out there that bottle your sours. Normally I just keg the sour and then clean and sanitize the auto-siphon, tubing, fermenter, etc. I do have a specific siphon & set of tubing that I use only for sours because I don't want to risk infecting the other beers I brew. I want to begin to bottle some of the sour from the keg the way that I have bottled my other beers just to see how it further changes with additional time. Should I purchase/construct a new beer gun specifically for the sours as I have done with the other equipment or can I get away with throughly cleaning and sanitizing the existing beer gun and not risk infecting my other beers when I bottle? Thanks.

How well do you think you can clean it? It doesn't take much Brett to spoil a beer

How well do you think you can clean it? It doesn't take much Brett to spoil a beer

Yeah, this is my concern.

While I clean the equipment that I have dedicated for sours thoroughly anyways (PBW/Oxy and Star San) I have separate equipment specifically to avoid cross-contamination. Guess it only makes sense to make another beer gun - not that expensive and good insurance. Thanks, Montanaandy

Back