Bottled 1st brew today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AkTom

Reaction score
Bottled up a 5 gal extract batch pf Coopers IPA. When I brewed it 3 weeks ago. my stove never got to a full boil. So I "gentle" boiled it about 15 extra minutes. After cooling and pitching yeast, I tasted a couple of swallows. OH NO!!! Very malty and nasty... Today, green and no carb, Ummm, umm. Can't wait for 2 weeks to start tasting. Should be good. I'm thankful the flavors melded, mellowed or did what ever they did. Probably won't be great, but for my first beer, I'll take good.
Happy brewing
:mug:
Tom

At least let it sit 3 weeks so it can carbonate properly. Then place it in a fridge for 48 hours minimum and then try it! If you like it place a few more in the fridge, if not, then let it sit for another week and repeat the fridge process.

Enjoy!

Yeah, wort pre-fermentation can seem a little (or a lot) off. After tasting a few batches of pre-fermentation wort you can start to get a good idea of what the finished product will be like depending on the yeast you're using. Keep on tasting it at different points in the process to help build your knowledge base.

Latest posts

Back