Bottle fillers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedDraw

Reaction score
What's everyone's recommendation for a decent bottle filler? I have tried the cheap spring tip and cheap gravity lock (fermtech) and am not satisfied with either. I'll pay more for a decent one, but I am not set up to go the CO2 route. Any suggestions?

Those are the about the only two choices you have short of the co2 gun thing used with a keg. That's why I use a longer tube on mine,so when I stop to cap a bunch of bottles,I hang the tube over the spigot on the FV next to the bottling bucket & suspended in the next empty bottle. This way,it can drip into the empty if it does at all while I'm busy capping. I have a bottling video on youtube under the same name that shows my sit down set up.

I do my bottling over an open dishwasher. If my spring-loaded wand (which I like) drips a little, no biggie. Most drips are from beer running off the side of it when I pull the bottle way instead of through the opening at the bottom.

The only real problem I've had with it is when I decide to dry-hop a batch commando (w/o using a bag). Little bits of hop pellets can clog up the wand at the spring and slow it down.:mad:

2 corny kegs are on the way. :ban:

That's why I strain into the FV & use hop sacks for dry hopping. I hate the lil bits getting into everything in the middle of bottling. Less trub as well,so more beer for me. Now if this darn starter would settle out...

Back