Bottle Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tieflyer

Reaction score
I am trying to build a cool project and I need your help!
I am looking for cool, unique, far away, different, not from Pennsylvania Bottle caps. I am going to put an acrylic top on a dresser I am building and I want to put cool caps in it like the rebus caps from Balentine, etc.

If you can help out with my project, pm me, I would love to get caps from around the world.

I have this same idea but im only using bottlecaps that ive "poped" or consumed myself. Ive been collecting for about 3 years and prob have about 4,000 caps
Gives me a better understanding of the beers ive consumed and what breweries ive been to (also like to collect bottle openers)

Plus if you get a bunch of random caps from random breweries with faded or lame graphics do you really want that part of your project??

Get out and start buying more beer! lol
When the project is done you will have a memory/story for each cap.
If you want a peice of art thats more "unique" to you then just "cool looking" i think this is the route you should take.
CHEERS and Good luck!!

Too bad this thread wasn't around while i was in college... I used to save all my caps in an empty 12pk bottle box. I filled two of them before I realized I wasn't going to do anything with them and threw them all away and stopped collecting! They were mostly craft beers too btw...

True, I guess I will hold off building my dresser for a few years to collect them on my own.

Please delete this thread if possible.

I have this same idea but im only using bottlecaps that ive "poped" or consumed myself. Ive been collecting for about 3 years and prob have about 4,000 caps
Gives me a better understanding of the beers ive consumed and what breweries ive been to (also like to collect bottle openers)

Plus if you get a bunch of random caps from random breweries with faded or lame graphics do you really want that part of your project??

Get out and start buying more beer! lol
When the project is done you will have a memory/story for each cap.
If you want a peice of art thats more "unique" to you then just "cool looking" i think this is the route you should take.
CHEERS and Good luck!!

you know what bro, i got a bunch that i can send you. i'll take pictures tonight and post them up here. i don't know if it will be what you want, but at least it will be something.

tieflyer said:
True, I guess I will hold off building my dresser for a few years to collect them on my own.

Please delete this thread if possible.

I mean if you want the dresser then I say go for it. I know my aforementioned boxes of caps weren't all drank by me. It took a lot of "hard work" from a good group of guys to collect that many. No shame in getting some help from "the guys" even if they are just interweb guys. Maybe collect your own and highlight the best caps. Use the less special ones, and the donated caps in less prominent places!

Cheers!

you know what bro, i got a bunch that i can send you. i'll take pictures tonight and post them up here. i don't know if it will be what you want, but at least it will be something.

turns out i didn't have too many different types, they were mostly the blank home brew caps. sorry bro.

turns out i didn't have too many different types, they were mostly the blank home brew caps. sorry bro.

Hey no prob!! All I was trying to do was get a cool cap from east jabibp, one from west oz, one from gigichiegoomie, and have a different thing to show people and to talk about, and then have a place I want to visit to get a great beer.

tieflyer said:
Hey no prob!! All I was trying to do was get a cool cap from east jabibp, one from west oz, one from gigichiegoomie, and have a different thing to show people and to talk about, and then have a place I want to visit to get a great beer.

So you want to make your dresser a conversation piece? Coffee table yes, dresser...maybe? Do you host in your bedroom?
Sounds like a novel idea tho...go for it!!
Igotsand

I guess I may just end up creating a serving tray or something using the caps. I have been collecting caps from Ballantine bottles
so I have a few conversation starters.

cap.png

Ok, I guess a better project for these will be a serving tray. I have a been saving the ballantine rebus caps so I have a few like this one to use.

cap.png

Latest posts

Back