bottle capping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeTrott

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been saving bottles to use for my homebrew and today when bottling discovered my capper doesn't work on green Stella bottles. Is there a special bottle capper for these bottles as I have a butt load of them and I already peeled the labels etc.? Thanks:mad:

Never capped on a Stella bottle. Do they have a thick neck or something? ... I don't remember what they look like really... seems like they'd be screwtops too, but not sure...

I usually try to cap an empty bottle of a shape I haven't used before so I don't save a bunch that turn out to be useless. Hopefully you can find a capper that works.

Moved from HBT Announcements to Bottling forum.

Generally, screw top bottles are harder to cap, especially with a wing capper. I don't reuse screw top bottles.

I have the same problem with lagunitas. I can get it to cap but the little ridge is too short and gets stuck trying to remove the capper.

Back