Boston area pubs and bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FermentusMaximus

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning a weekend getaway to Boston soon and was wondering if anyone could recommend some nice spots to catch some craft beer and good food. Lord Hobo sounded interesting but it seems kind of like it would be a pain in the ass to get to.

Hi, I'm planning a weekend getaway to Boston soon and was wondering if anyone could recommend some nice spots to catch some craft beer and good food. Lord Hobo sounded interesting but it seems kind of like it would be a pain in the ass to get to.

Lord Hobo is great, just expect a vast amount of handlebar mustaches and caps, but I love that they have really experimental beer. For a more traditional brewpub with a great list there is Publick House in brookline.

Finally, you HAVE to visit nightshift brewery. Pain in the ass to get to, but very worthit.

the big question is where in Boston will you be staying.
The good part is that most of these places will be accessible from The T (MBTA; public transportation) For the Cambridge area, Lord Hobo, Cambridge Brewing Company and Meadhall are all less than 5 minute walk.
IN Brookline I would recommend the Publick House. Sunset in Allston/Brighton.
For breweries, the big guys like Sam Adams and Harpoon are worth a visit, the little guys like Trillium, Mystic, Nightshift and Idle Hands are worth the trip.
If you are driving in, Jack's Abby in Framingham (about a half hour west) is absolutely worth the trip.
For bottle shops, The biggest and IMO best is about another half hour from Jacks Abby, Julios Liquors in Westboro. Huge beer selection with tons of locals and foreign.
You probably already know about Yankee in Attleboro.

I would also recommend Deep Ellum in Brighton. Great beer and Good food. Which is right up the street from Sunset Grill. Skip Sunset and head over to Deep Ellum. IMO

Sunset Grill is awesome. Tons of beer and food is good for what it is.

Boston Beer Works has some damn good beer too.

Harpoon Brewery tour?

Yankee Spirits seems to have developed a nice selection of beer over the past couple years. I just went to the one in Sturbridge the other day on my way to Treehouse and that one is even bigger. I am going to be staying in the theatre district and heading over to the waterfront for dinner. Might check out Remmys new sports bar after dinner and catch the game. Not a great selection but it's close to the restaurant and would probably be a good place to catch the game. I am probably going to come back the first week of November to check out some breweries, especially nightshift. May check out some of the restaurants you guys listed then. Thanks for the advice. As for this weekend I think we have decided to go for brunch at Lord Hobo before we head to the Evil Dead musical in Lynn Mass! They have a spatter section where you get hit with fake blood!! http://www.artsafterhours.com/2010/10/lynns-got-sole-october-21st-7-9pm-lynn.html?m=1 :rockin:

Back