Book Suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
So I'm treating myself to a book as a christmas present to myself if you would. I'm gonna probably order it before the weekend is over but I'm looking at either For the Love of Hops byStan Hieronymus, IPA, brewing techniques..... by Mitch Steele, Yeast by Jamil Zainasheff, or Water by John Palmer.

I'm leaning towards IPA right now but anyone who's read any of them please give me your feed back.

I think the Yeast book would be my recommendation, since it is such a critical part of making beer.

All great books though, can't go wrong with any of them.

Yeast is great. I'm currently reading Water and IPA right now. I'd say buy Yeast first. But, if you want chemistry, buy water, and if you want a good history read, buy IPA.

Yeast is great. I'm currently reading Water and IPA right now. I'd say buy Yeast first. But, if you want chemistry, buy water, and if you want a good history read, buy IPA.

I agree with this and the sentiment that "yeast" provides the most critical information to brewing. I think the Water one is equally important if you have water that is not great for brewing. I thought IPA was interesting, but can't say there was a lot that was "necessary" to brew better beer. Historical, interesting, some good ideas and recipes....

I have all 3. Sometimes if you "bundle" several on amazon you can save money on shipping and price of books.... Get em all:)

If you do use Amazon. BOOKDEAL code is good for %30 off a single book until tomorrow.

ALso at Barnes and Noble use BFRIDAY30 to get %30 any single item until the 2nd. used this one on a tablet for the kid and saved some money..

I've only read Yeast so far, it was good.

Back