Blueberry juice bucket idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10borderline11brew

Reaction score
Hey guys. Over the past year I have been working on juicing blueberries, with the idea of selling buckets of blueberry juice.
Each bucket will be balanced to 3.4PH, it will have the added sugar to 1.080 gravity( 19.3 brix). All the juice will be strained so there will be little to no skins or stems. Each bucket contains juice from about 55-65 lbs of blueberries. It will contain minimum sulfites for stabilizing the juice. The juice will be stored in a cooler until it is sold. It will be more of a local thing.
There will be a recipe that come with the bucket, but the wine maker is also free to do what he wants. Whether it be add water and make a bigger batch, different yeasts, or etc. This way the wine is custom to their liking.
The price point I am looking at is $95 for a 5 gallon pail. That is as low as I can go.
Is this something of interest? What could be improved or worked on?
I am looking for input and ideas.
Thanks for the help.

Same as last time you posted this. Blueberries just don't make great wine. However, your price is fair, but I bet there isn't a good deal of demand.

Where are you located?

Back