Black Pipe Draft Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaraTX

Reaction score
We recently finished a installing a built in kegerator and I posted a DIY for the black pipe draft tower on my personal blog. (It's not ad driven and I'm not selling anything) It's too long to repost here but here's the link if you're interested:

http://chronicdiy.com/black-pipe-draft-tower/

IMG_1437-730x548.jpg

Very cool, I built mine a year or so ago. I wanted a triple and it seamed the easiest way. Enjoy yours.

Just read your blog and great write up. Any chance you would be willing to share a picture of it further back? I would like to see your keezer. ����on the towel rack

Last edited:
The tower doesn't sweat but since I didn't use copper (I used PVC) down the center, the beer line doesn't stay as cool as I would like. The compressor doesn't run any more than it would if there wasn't a hole a top in the top of the fridge, so I'm assuming there isn't a lot of air seepage in the pipe joints.

If I had a do-over, I would have figured out how to install a chest freezer into my wetter rather than using a Danby fridge.

That is very sharp. Do you know if I wanted to build something like this, if the tower bolt pattern will line up with a previous towers bolt pattern?

Back