Bg12 burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrew2u

Reaction score
I currently building my brew stand and I have bg12 burners ,my question is do I need an orfice at each burner and I'm using propane

I just got done with my 3 burner, single tier brew stand and I ran into this same problem. If you are using a propane gas manifold instead of using multiple propane tanks, you'll need new orifices for each burner. My advice (and quickest and most cost effective option IMO), go to tejas smokers to get the parts. I think I paid about $25 shipped and they worked perfectly.
www.tejassmokers.com

I just got done with my 3 burner, single tier brew stand and I ran into this same problem. If you are using a propane gas manifold instead of using multiple propane tanks, you'll need new orifices for each burner. My advice (and quickest and most cost effective option IMO), go to tejas smokers to get the parts. I think I paid about $25 shipped and they worked perfectly.
www.tejassmokers.com

I tried to edit this post but it keeps messing up. You'll need to go the brass fittings section / orifices.

[...]If you are using a propane gas manifold instead of using multiple propane tanks, you'll need new orifices for each burner. [...]

Doesn't matter if you have one burner per tank or three burners plumbed to a single regulator, each burner needs a fuel&pressure-compatible orifice.

But I do agree with the Tejas recommendation. They have pretty near every gas fitting I've ever needed and a hella lot I don't ;)

Cheers!

Now I'm thinking of going natural gas so does anyone know what orifice is needed for bg12 burners with natural gas

Hi. I was looking at the BG12 burners. I plan to use them with 11" WC LPG. Any advise on the orifice size? Plan to pair them with Tejas Smokers CVO125 (Default orifice size is #61)

Back