Beverage Factory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherJames

Reaction score
TL;DR: The Perlick 650SS flow control faucets will fit on the Beverage Factory's homebrew package's upgraded SS triple-tap tower (Kegco brand), and the Beverage Factory's customer service is out of this world.

------

So, I'm only in my first week of having my new Kegco HBK309B-3 kegerator set up, but everything seems to be working fine. (That model is the black Kegco 309 kegerator with the beverage factory's homebrew connection and upgrades package. It's a GREAT DEAL!)

But it's the Beverage Factory Customer Service that I want to tell you about. Their sales folks were extremely knowledgeable and helpful when I ordered the unit, and all the upgrades I added to it / changed on it. But they got one thing wrong, and told me the Perlick 650SS flow control faucets wouldn't work on the homebrew package's upgraded triple SS tower. So I got 630SS faucets.

When I was assembling it, I could see that the 650SS faucets would fit just fine with this tower, so I called them and they were super-cool about it. They apologized several times (I wasn't asking for an apology, nor was I upset, but it they were extremely curteous and helpful, and even offered an apology from my original sales rep for giving me the wrong info).

Their tech support person said she'd go and assemble a triple tower with the 650SS faucets and would call me back. In 20 minutes she called me back and told me they do work, and went to great lengths to remedy my situation. I'm not going to get into specifics, but they were very generous in helping facilitate the exchange.

I will be recommending Beverage Factory to anyone wanting to buy a kegerator or other beer equipment, and I'll be checking with them before I shop anywhere else.

Hey BrotherJames, do you still like the kegerator. I am about to pull the plug on the three tap model.

Just found out something huge the other day:

3 pin-lock kegs (the shorter, fatter ones) WILL fit in this kegerator!

I’m overjoyed, since I just grabbed 4 pin-lock kegs (already converted to ball) for $20 each.

I wish my experience with beverage factory was as positive as @BrotherJames. I work close to their warehouse so I've picked up the 2 orders I have placed with them.

First time was fine but I only ordered one item.

Second time I ordered a bunch of items to make a second kegerator. After placing the order I got an email a day later saying one of the items was out of stock. No big deal as I wasn't in a hurry to put it together. A few weeks later they emailed to say the missing item was now in stock but another item was now out of stock. It was in stock earlier, but apparently they didn't reserve the stock of the rest of my order. This spawned a game of whack-a-mole for a few months where everytime the one missing item came into stock another went out. Eventually I gave up and picked up my partial order and went elsewhere for the now 2 missing items from my order. I tried to talk to someone about why they can't hold my partial order until everything comes in. I was told that I should have picked up my partial and then came back later for the remaining item. Not what I call good customer service.

My guess is this isn't a problem for people that don't pick their orders up directly as they probably ship the partial order right away and ship the backordered item later. Not sure why they don't have a better system for in store pickups.

I have one of their Kegerators it lasted 3 years the thermostat only lasted 6 months though. The compressor died it took them 7 months to get me a new compressor under warranty for the unit. I now have it sitting somewhat stripped and I plan to rebuild it next year and keep it as a second kegerator for my 2 house beers since I built a keezer waiting for the compressor. The customer service was lacking to be kind with the dead unit and at the time of sale they kept me waiting 5 weeks without shipping my unit I called to find out it was on back order with no release date and they never intended on telling me this they switched me to an in stock KEGCO unit but only after I hunted down what was going on no compensation was offered for the issue not even expedited shipping.

Back